Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Delight In Him

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

“Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart
(Psalm 37:4, AMP).

TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria

Do you know what it means to delight yourself in the Lord? One of the definitions of this word in the original Hebrew means: to be soft or pliable. In other words, when we allow God to shape and mold our character, we are delighting ourselves in Him.

The scripture tells us that God is the potter and we are His clay. The potter can’t work with hard, dry clay; He has to use soft, moldable clay. We are the ones who decide if we will allow God to work with us or not. We decide if we are going to be soft and pliable or if we are going to allow the world to make us hard and dry. How do we stay soft and moldable? By simply immersing ourselves in the water of God’s Word. Friend, when you and I make God’s Word a priority in our lives, we are setting ourselves up to be used by God. We are delighting in Him. We are yielding to Him, and we are opening the door for Him to give us the desires and secret petitions of our hearts!.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I come to You giving You all that I am. I am committed to Your Word and I invite You to work in my life. Make me more like You and may everything I do be pleasing to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment