Thursday, March 5, 2009

God Wants to Make You Laugh

Today's Scripture

"And Sarah said, God has made me to laugh; all who hear will laugh with me" (Genesis 21:6, AMP).

Today's Word

Is there a dream or promise in your heart that seems impossible? Sarah was 90 years old when God gave her a son. After the birth of Isaac, whose name actually means laughter, Sarah was so full of the joy of the Lord that she just had to laugh! What looked impossible with man became possible with God.

Whatever your circumstances may be today, God wants to make you laugh. He wants to fill you with joy knowing that He has victory in store for you. Maybe you're sick and you know God has told you you're going to be well. Or you're struggling financially, but God is saying He's going to prosper you. Perhaps your family is pulled apart. God is saying He's going to bring them back together. Don't listen to negative, self-defeating thoughts. Instead, remember the story of Abraham and Sarah. No matter how you may feel, no matter how bad it looks, let out the laugh of faith and just say, "Ha, ha! I've got inside information. I know God has already worked it out. He's already arranged things in my favor. It's just a matter of time before these promises come to pass."

A Prayer for Today

Prayer for Today: Father in Heaven, thank You for working in my life. Thank You for Your joy which is my strength. I trust You have a good plan for me, and I know I can laugh at the days to come. Let my joy be contagious to all who hear me today. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment